Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Favorite Spinach Recipes

Let me know if you have a favorite spinach recipe. Please e-mail me and I'd be happy to share. I love spinach in a lot of things (pizza, calzones, soups, salads, etc. etc), but here are two of my favorite spinach recipes.

Spinach Salad

I'm sure a lot of you have this recipe. It's quite popular around here. I have to recipes I use from time to time. They are both very similar

*I don't always use these measurements. The dressing is really good and you can use it with any/all/or additional ingredients or amounts. I usually half he dressing, store the dressing in a canning jar and use it as needed.

Salad:

1 bag or head of lettuce (I use mine from the garden)
2 bunches of spinach (more or less, also from garden)
1 purple oinon
1 lb mushrooms
1 lb bacon bits (I usually make mine without, but if I do I just fry up a few slices of bacon and crumble it up)
1 c. cottage cheese, drained overnight in a colander (optional)
croutons
chopped almonds (optional)

Dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
2/3 c. red wine or cider vinegar
2/3 c. oil - I use half vegetable, half olive
1 Tbs. poppy seeds

Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat just before serving.

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
This recipe is not healthy, but it is so good. I like to eat it with french bread, pita bread, or crackers.

Ingredients
1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach chopped, thawed (I just cook and chop my fresh spinach)
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
1 cup shredded parmesan-romano cheese mix
1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
10 ounces prepared alfredo sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces softened cream cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and spread mixture into a small baking dish (I used an 8" X 8" dish).

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheeses are bubbling and melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment